The Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) seeks to fill the full-time position of Creative Strategist, which will be responsible for overseeing the on and offline creative materials for WDCEP’s initiatives. The candidate will produce the design, video, website innovations and visual content and drive the visual and creative strategy of WDCEP’s marketing initiatives. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Must have at least 7+ years of relevant agency or in-house (client-side) experience developing creative content for campaigns, publications, websites or other forms of marketing content. Top candidates will have strong design capabilities, website experience, video expertise with exceptional organization skills and strong communication.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create engaging content (graphics, gifs, video, print, out of home, etc) for marketing campaigns and WDCEP initiatives
- Manage and optimize website and digital publications (use and knowledge of UX and UI design preferred)
- Manage the daily content planning process, editorial calendar and deadlines for design, video and creative content needs
- Monitor and update existing content to fit with brand guidelines, ensure accuracy
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Partner with marketing to optimize SEO and carefully plan out content across distribution channels, including social, blog and third party sponsored content.
- Manage necessary creative resources including design tools, contracted/agency designers, to support content development needs and ensure brand consistency
- Collaborates with marketing team to develop a content strategy to support business goals and campaigns.
- Serve as a team liaison across the organization, including the real estate, research and programs teams for ongoing initiative support
- Write clear and compelling online content that is optimized for the Web, including program and industry descriptions, promotional copy, blogs and social.
- Repurposes and optimizes existing content for various channels.
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in creative content (design, website optimization, video)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
- A willingness to try new tactics across all digital channels — whether they’re ideas you’ve dreamt up late at night, or trying something interesting you saw from another campaign, organization, or business.
- Analytical skills. Because testing and optimizing is such an important part of what we’re trying to do, you need to be able to analyze the impact of the creative tactics mentioned above.
- Positive, entrepreneurial spirit including ability to seek new and creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with precision and attention to detail while continually finding ways to improve processes to produce higher quality products with more effective results
- Strong experience with Adobe Suite, Video Editing (Final Cut, etc), and WordPress is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Basecamp, Salesforce, event registration platforms, and/or Mailchimp is ideal.
The Washington DC Economic Partnership is a public-private partnership dedicated to facilitating economic development in the District of Columbia. As a 501 (c) (3) organization, WDCEP promotes business opportunities throughout the District of Columbia and contributes to business retention and attraction activities.
Compensation commensurate with experience + benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, life, short & long term disability, TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry and office gym)
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter HERE. No phone calls please.