The Washington DC Economic Partnership, along with The Executive Office of the Mayor and Events DC is bringing inclusive innovation to SXSW with the #WeDC House activation. From food-delivering robots to sneak previews of DC’s Action Plans for Inclusion, the WeDC House is your go-to hub for all things Inclusive Innovation at SXSW. Check out a few reasons you ‘ought to stop on by. Want more info + to register? Visit www.wedchouse.com.
1. GET A SNEAK PEEK OF DC’S ACTION PLANS FOR INCLUSION
Come hear announcements by In3, DC’s New Inclusion Incubator and BEACON, DC’s Entrepreneurship Initiative for Women. Learn about new funding opportunities in DC and how to take advantage of DC local resources.
Additional inclusion programming:
- Panel Session: When Diversity is Not Enough
- Discussion: Changing the Face of Technology
- POLITICO PLAYBOOK with DC Mayor Muriel Bowser
- Discussion: DC, Making a City for Everyone
2. GET YOUR DRINKS SERVED BY A ROBOT
When you combine a free meal, drinks and Starship Technologies robots, you’ve got a match made in heaven. The WeDC House will feature delivery robots. Stop by during our WeDC Showcase and Day Party on 3/11 or tweet with #WeDC for a chance to get goodies served by these innovative bots. We’ve got a series of awesome DC innovation throughout the WeDC House this year. Try to spot OCTO’s #SmarterDC smart trashcan and streetlight sensors, the latest in VR activations, charging stations by Exelon + Pepco, and more.
Additional tech + innovation programming:
- Accelerators, Incubators and Co-Working MeetUp with AEDP
- Panel Session: Technology + Storytelling
- VR and Tech Startup Demos at the WeDC Showcase + Day Party
- Discussion: Mobility Talks by Mobility Talks International
3. TASTE BITES FROM DC CHEFS (in addition to daily free breakfast and lunch)
DC, the 2016 Restaurant City of The Year (Bon Appetit), is bringing a bit of it’s culinary scene to SXSW. Join us for our WeDC Celebration on Monday evening—sponsored by Events DC, Monumental Sports & Entertainment, M.C. Dean, Destination DC and Newseum—for bites served up by local chefs. While you’re there, listen to top music artists and DJs including DJ Jazzy Jeff and DJ Trauma.
Additional food, maker + culinary programming:
- Panel Session: From Political Capital to Culinary Powerhouse
- Locally made Gordy’s Pickle Jar Bloody Marys and Javazen coffee on select days
- Daily breakfast and lunch (free)
4. LEARN ABOUT DC’S HOTTEST STARTUPS, BUSINESSES, CREATIVES + MAKERS
Mix and mingle with some of DC’s most innovative tech and creative companies, potential investors, talent and media at the WeDC Showcase + Day Party. Come see how Washington, DC is making an impact across sectors. From virtual reality demos to local tastings, app launches, crafts and product, come experience DC at its finest.
Additional DC business programming:
- Made in DC local product display wall
- #202Creates artist display in the WeDC Lounge
- Daily consultations with local DC Tech experts. Contact Kevin Morgan at email@example.com to schedule.
5. RECHARGE AND CONNECT WITH FELLOW INNOVATORS
Join the people of Washington, DC at the WeDC Lounge every day from 10am-5pm for a chance to recover and recharge. Meeting booths, charging stations, life-sized games and collaboration space provide guests the chance to experience Washington, DC without leaving SXSW. While your at it, enjoy local and national artists performing every day on the Events DC Soundstage from Grammy nominated artist Kokayi, BOOMScat, DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Trauma, and many more.
Additional recharge programming:
- Recharge and Go-Go lounge with meditation cushions
- Panel + Recharge: Design Impacting Lives in the Workplace
- Events DC Soundstage with daily live performances
- Newseum Top of The Hour Updates