This year at DC Fest, an annual event by local publication DC Inno, Washington, DC celebrated some of the coolest companies in the city.
Take a look at this year’s winners and learn more about their DC presence.
- CTA members include top companies such as Google, Expedia, Airbnb, Yelp, and Best Buy.
- Their biggest event of the year, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) just celebrated its 50th anniversary and engaged an estimated 17,500 attendees with over 10,000 consumer electronics.
- Named DC’s #1 Web Design Firm by Clutch, Taoti Creatives is located on Capitol Hill at 530 8th Street SE in Ward 6.
- Founder Brent Lightner has been coding sites for over 20 years.
- The firm is growing its level of expertise through its acquisition of SochaDev, a web and app development shop based in Madison, WI.
- Xometry uses an instant quote platform to make American manufacturing of custom parts more efficient for companies of all sizes.
- Some Xometry customers include GE, Nasa, U.S. Army, and U.S. Navy.
- Xometry reaches over 3,000 customers and works with over 100 manufacturing partners.
- MBL Technologies employs experts on cloud security, cybersecurity, and privacy.
- Some clients include federal agencies such as the FDA, Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- SC Magazine awarded Distil Networks 5 stars for its strong analytics and prevention of automated bot attacks.
- Distil Networks is growing within the DC tech community through its recent acquisition of Are You A Human, a digital security & human traffic verification company in Detroit.
- Several Distil Networks customers include StubHub, PayPal, and Verizon.
- WeddingWire maintains the largest U.S. directory of local wedding vendors with over 3 million reviews of wedding planners, venues, photographers and more.
- WeddingWire has over 850 employees.
- WeddingWire has reached over 70 million people plan their special days.
- Up Top Acres was founded by three DC natives who created a network of rooftop farms to make DC more sustainable. The co-founders were recently featured in Forbes 30 under 30 for Social Entrepreneurs.
- The Farm at 55 M Street, near the Nationals Stadium, grows 15,000 pounds of produce per year.
- Up Top Acres runs a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program to support local farms and deliver fresh food to DC residents.
- The Motley Fool helps millions of individual investors around the world invest better and accumulate wealth.
- With a passionate work culture, the Motley Fool is frequently named a Best Place to Work.
- Its sister companies include Motley Fool Funds and Motley Fool Wealth Management.
- Founded in 1997, Intermarkets is a top independent advertising sales management services firm.
- Intermarkets was named a Best Workplace seven times by Inc. 5000.
- The firm works with publishers who have at least 75% U.S. traffic and 3 million monthly page views.
- Founded in 2010, WeWork builds a community through shared office spaces.
- WeWork operates 10 spaces in Washington, DC including one in Dupont Circle, near the White House, on Florida Ave, and in Chinatown.
- There are over 110 WeWork spaces around the globe with over 80,000 members.