Washington, DC’s primary economic development resource
The Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) is a non-profit, public-private organization whose core purpose is to actively position, promote, and support economic development and business opportunities in Washington, DC.
Our mission is to promote DC’s economic and business opportunities and support business retention and attraction activities.
Through historical knowledge of the city’s business and economic climate, accurate analytics, data, and research, and community partners and access, WDCEP is the central organization in Washington, DC that connects public and private sectors, neighborhoods, and real estate communities to local, national, and international audiences.
WDCEP’s purpose and success aligns with its partners in the city: to facilitate dynamic relationships with non-profit change agents, technology visionaries, artists, real estate entrepreneurs, and global enterprise leaders based on independent thinking and objective insights. We stay one step ahead of the vibrant and evolving economic landscape by monitoring the pulse of DC’s developers, startups, entrepreneurs, and big and small businesses.
WDCEP’s primary initiatives include:
- Promoting and marketing Washington, DC for economic development
- Office and corporate attraction and retention
- Small business and entrepreneurship
- Hi-technology organizations and technology startups
- Real estate and development
WDCEP supports these initiatives through programs that include:
- Site location and assistance
- Partnership development
- Data and research
- Educational seminars
- Conference and event activations
- Mentorship programs
WDCEP partners with public and private organizations that contribute to the economic ecosystem of Washington, DC. From entrepreneurs and artists to budding technology gurus and non-profit visionaries, WDCEP provides guidance and assistance from start-up to expansion.
We navigate a myriad of economic opportunities to strengthen DC’s rise as one of the premier economic centers in the world.
Whether you need to assistance to connect to development and retail opportunities, or need WDCEP’s research to make informed decisions, WDCEP is Washington, DC’s primary economic development resource.
WDCEP FY 2015 Priorities
- Organize the District’s retail attraction efforts, including trade missions to ICSC conferences (Las Vegas, New York & Mid-Atlantic)
- Conduct Neighborhood Retail/Restaurant Site Tours. FY15tours included showcasing opportunities in Wards 7, 8, and 5.
- Promote retail and development opportunities that the District Government offers via RFP.
- Nurture and grow D.C.’s technology sector through our AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service by connecting emerging entrepreneurs with a team of mentors
- Coordinate Entrepreneur Road Map, a monthly speaker series focusing on timely business topics, such as how to open, operate, and expand a business in D.C.
- Maintain a list of retailers and businesses looking to expand into the District
- Assist the Deputy Mayor’s Office of Planning & Economic Development with business attraction & retention activities
Site Location Assistance
- Provide assistance to businesses, non-profit organizations, and other entities located in or considering expanding or relocating to the District.
Market Tools & Resources